1. Collection of Information
2. Use of Information
3. Sharing of Information
4. Transfer of Information to the United States
5. Your Choices
6. Contact Us
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as time spent on the Services, frequency of visits to the Services, and number of clicks.
Transactional Information: When you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date of the transaction.
Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details).
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from your interactions with other digital memorials, advertising networks, data analytics providers, and mailing list providers.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
We also use the information we collect to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
• Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customer experience surveys;
• Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
• Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Chptr and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
• Monitor and analyze trends, time spent, number of clicks, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
• Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Chptr and others;
• Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
• Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
• Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
• We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
• If you post content in a public area of our Services, we share this information publicly on our Services.
• We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
• We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Chptr, our users, the public, or others.
• We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
• We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
• Personal information may be shared between and among Chptr and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
• We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Chptr is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via our social media channels. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at email@example.com and write Delete in the subject line, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from Chptr by following the instructions in those communications or by managing your communication preferences in your account settings menu. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.